Become a Local Service Point supporter…
Most of our local service points are run by volunteers- we are always looking for more. Having a larger pool of volunteers will also help us to open new collection points in the future.
Your local knowledge and experience will help us keep in touch with local people in your community and you will be able to provide valuable feedback about members’ experiences.
As a local Service point supporter you would give your time and enthusiasm to:
- Setting up and running a local service point in your community- focussed on serving existing and new members; this will include handling small amounts of cash at some locations
- Promoting the benefits of being a member of Salford Credit Union to the people of your community
- Feeding back your ideas to Salford Credit Union staff team and Directors about how to keep improving our service
We will try to help you develop your skills as part of the role. Skills we are looking for include:
- Ability to be discreet and deal with confidential information appropriately
- Good communication skills- able to explain how the Credit Union works
- Good listening skills
- Good attention to detail
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Able to work in a team with other volunteers and staff
- Committed to the values of Salford Credit union and to building stronger communities
Salford Credit Union provides training for volunteers and you provide your time and commitment. You will need to become a Credit Union member to volunteer. Eligible volunteer expenses are covered by the Credit Union.
Interested in becoming a volunteer or finding out more? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call us on 0161 686 5880 for an informal chat or to make an appointment to find out more.
Please note: Collection point supporters will need to have a friendly interview to check your suitability and if you are successful you must be willing to undertake a DBS (criminal record) check and a credit check. You will not be able to volunteer with the credit union if you are an un-discharged bankrupt.
Join Salford Credit Union
You can join Salford Credit Union if you live or work in Salford or parts of North Manchester and Prestwich (post code areas M25, M8, M9 and M40).Become a member
Already a member?
You can login to view your balances, view a mini statement, amend personal details, request or print forms, send an online enquiry, apply for a loan or request a withdrawal.Login
Volunteer with us
Salford Credit Union is a co-operative, owned and controlled by its members (that’s you!). We are growing and are increasingly busy so help is always needed, and always welcome.Find out more