The Engage Prepaid Card
At Salford Credit Union, we’re delighted to offer you a brand new pre-paid visa debit card –The Engage Prepaid Card (previously known as credEcard)– the prepaid card you can bank on!
The Engage card is a reloadable prepaid card and e-account that works similar to a high street bank account. Anyone can apply and no credit checks are required.
The Engage card is ideal for you if:
- You don’t have a bank account or are looking for an easy alternative to high street banking
- You want to have your wages or benefits paid into an account and have access to them immediately
- You want to be able to manage your finances and budget easily
- You want a safe and convenient way to spend your money at home or abroad
- You are new to the UK
- You have a poor credit history
- You want to shop on the high street, online or by telephone but don’t have a payment card
Take control of your money for a fee of only £2 per month
- Only spend what you have loaded into your e-account and card- no risk of going overdrawn
- There are no overdraft fees or expensive letters if you accidentally miss a payment.
- Get instant access to your money at cash machines and get cash-back free from supermarkets and other retailers
- Get your own UK sort code and account number
- Get the FREE Mobile phone APP
- Pay bills, and buy goods or services in store, online or over the phone from your own e-account
- Helpful online money budget facility- ‘The Envelope’
- Up to the minute balance information by text, email, App and ATMs and able to print statements
- Pay money onto your card via your local PayPoint facility
- Cash rewards paid back onto your card if you shop at selected retailers
- Exclusive online discounts – up to 60%!
- Clear charges
- Telephone and online UK based customer service support available 6 days a week
What is a Prepaid Card?
A prepaid card is a pay as you go debit card. Cardholders ‘load’ money onto the card, which can then be used to buy goods and services, or withdraw from ATMs, in the same way as any other debit card. Most prepaid cards do not have an overdraft facility.
- Download a form from Related Resources or request a form at the Brotherton House office or a local collection point
- Complete and return the form to the Brotherton House office
- You will receive your Engage cardin the post along with details on how to activate it and information on terms and conditions, usage fees and benefits
- If you have access, you will also receive an email with e-account log in details. If you do not have email facilities don’t worry… standing orders and bill payments can still be set up by calling the Engage customer service team
- There are no credit checks and no overdraft charges with this account and it is available to all of our members whatever your credit score or financial history.
The Leading Prepaid Card for Credit Union Members
The Engage Prepaid Card is a flexible, Visa Prepaid Card from Contis Group. Already the leading card in the sector and the choice of over 50 other credit unions. The card has been designed exclusively for credit union members.