Get competitive loans and repay direct from your wages
If you’re an employee of one of our Salford Payroll Partners ‘Supporting Employers’, you can save as well as repay your loan direct from your wages with Payroll membership. Check the list below to see if you are eligible.
NEW TO SALFORD CREDIT UNION OR NOT HAD A LOAN YET?
- A first loan of up to £2000 repayable within 2 years might be for you
If you have a very good credit rating then speak to us about a larger loan.
ALREADY PAID A PREVIOUS CREDIT UNION LOAN?
- If you repaid your previous loan with no problems then we look forward to helping you again
- Payroll loans are now from £500 to £10,000
- Maximum repayment term of five years
- No set up or arrangementfees
- No admin charges
- No early repayment penalties
Salford Credit Union Payroll Loan current rates [from October 2018]
- £500- £4999: 19.9% Representative APR
- £5000- £6999: 12.68% Representative APR
- £7000- £10000: 7.5% Representative APR
How to apply
NOT A MEMBER? You will need to become a member to qualify for a credit union loan. If your application is approved you will automatically become a Payroll member.
NON MEMBER apply here
ALREADY A MEMBER?
EXISTING PAYROLL MEMBERS apply here
You can also apply at the office or you can come to the office or phone 0161 686 5880 for an initial discussion .
Give us a call on 0161 686 5880 to speak to one of our friendly advisers or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information.
- All loan decisions are made on an individual basis and subject to status.
- We look at factors including your income and expenditure, ability to repay, previous savings history and history of managing credit. This may include credit scoring but we are regularly able to help members with poorer credit scores.
- We may be able to help applicants with recent defaults or County Court Judgements (CCJs) but we will expect you to be repaying them. If in doubt you can carry out your own credit search which should not harm your score –there are free checks available.
- If it’s your first loan with us then a loan similar in value to your monthly income might be a realistic starter loan. Once you’ve shown you can pay this back with no issues then you are more likely to be successful with an application if you need larger loans in the future.
- After your first loan you can usually apply to ‘Top Up’ future loans once you have paid at least half of it back in line with the loan agreement.
- We recommend you use our Budget planner to help check you can afford the loan repayment
- IT IS VITAL TO REPAY LOANS IN LINE WITH YOUR AGREEMENT. Failing to repay loans means other credit union members –your friends and neighbours- suffer. Contact us as soon as you think there may be problems, we will try to help if we can.
Representative exampleSee how we compare
£2000 loan repaid over 24 months at 19.9% APR
Repay £101.66 every month.
Total interest £439.59.
YOU REPAY A TOTAL OF £2439.59
£2000 loan repaid over 24 months at 24.9% APR
Total interest £500.56
YOU REPAY A TOTAL OF £2500.56
Natwest website Natwest bank website 01/10/2018
Employees of the following organisations who live or work in Salford, North Manchester and Prestwich (see map) may pay into the credit union by payroll deduction
- Salford City Council
- Salford Community Leisure
- Salix Homes
- City West Housing
- Pennine Acute Hospital
- Manchester Mental Health & Social Care Trust
- North Manchester General Hospital
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Aspire Intelligent Care & Support
- Salford Clinical Commissioning Group
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
We may make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply us with credit information as well as information from the Electoral Register. The agencies will record details of any search whether or not this application proceeds. We may use credit scoring methods to assist the application and to verify your identity. Credit searches and other information which is provided to us and/or the credit reference agencies about you and anyone with whom you are linked financially or other members of your household.
This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. In addition, we may ask you to provide physical forms of identification and/or we may telephone you to confirm you identity.
To prevent or detect fraud or to assist in verifying your identify we may make searches of group records and at fraud prevention agencies who will supply us with information. We may also pass information to financial and other organisation involved in fraud prevention to protect ourselves and our customers from theft and fraud. If you give us false or inaccurate information, details will be passed to fraud protection agencies.
This information may also be used for tracing and claims assessments and verifying identify. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to anyone with whom you have a financial relationship such as a joint account.
All approved loans are subject to Terms and Conditions. Current terms can be found here
For all the big and little things in life. We can help.Find out how to apply
Savings secure loan
Borrow against your savings at a lower interest rateFind out how to apply
Child Benefit & Thrifty Top up loans
Exclusively for existing Child Benefit loan membersFind out how to apply