We are hiring! Interested in using your Finance skills to help local people get better off?
Do you have a passion for people and finance? We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become the Finance Officer at our small, busy and friendly team in the heart of Salford. You will join on a full time, permanent basis and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £22,500- £25,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience).
As a co-operative, providing ethical loans, savings and other financial services to local people, Salford Credit Union has our members’ interests at the heart of everything we do. By joining us you can share in the knowledge you are doing something that improves the lives of others.
The finance officer role:
The Finance Officer is a critical role for the Credit Union, which is regulated by the Bank of England and Financial Conduct Authority. You’ll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from contributing to strategy development to supporting the daily financial monitoring. You will be ensuring all funds are allocated correctly and ledgers maintained. You will be preparing financial accounts and forecasts, providing regular KPI reports and developing and monitoring the budget. You will liaise with suppliers to make sure invoices and remittances are processed accurately and efficiently. You will lead on collection of debts, working with members to achieve a sustainable solution. You will liaise with internal and external auditors, ensuring audit compliance is adhered to and be responsible for keeping all financial procedures documented and up to date. You’ll get induction, training and support with these tasks.
In all of this work we are aiming for continuous improvement, so you will work closely with the CEO and other team members to identify opportunities to make our systems and processes more efficient and better meet our members’ needs.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong financial skills, showing knowledge of accounts preparation and bank reconciliations
• Professional financial qualification or working towards one
• Strong IT literacy including advanced working knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn new systems quickly
• Experience of performing analyses and creating reports with recommendations
• Understanding of the importance and principles of debt collection activities
• Able to process information with high level of detail and care
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to build relationships with members, colleagues, volunteers, directors and third parties, understanding the need for discretion and confidentiality in everything we do.
• Able to manage diverse workload, highly organised and self- motivated and flexible
• Willingness to be highly flexible and work collaboratively as an integral part of a small team providing mutual cover
• A fast learner, eager to gain new knowledge and experience
• Commitment to driving up standards to meet targets and improve customer service
• Able to personally commit to Credit Union values and ethos and work with enthusiasm to have a positive impact on the lives of others
• Competitive salary- £22,500 to £25,000 dependent on qualifications & experience
• Opportunity to broaden your finance experience while helping others
• Full time role- 37.5 hours/week
• Office based in Salford
• Scope for hybrid working once probation completed
• Occupational pension scheme
• 28 holidays increasing with service
• A supportive and flexible team environment
Note for applicants
We’re a financial Co-operative focussed on the needs of our members so all Salford Credit Union staff are expected to:
• Become a member of Salford Credit Union
• Undergo a DBS check and credit check
• Keep uptodate with your NHS England Covid-19 vaccinations, to help safeguard the health of vulnerable members and co-workers
Please see the Job Description :SCU Finance Officer JD_2022for more information.
Closing Date: 12 midnight Friday 20th May 2022 Interviews: provisionally scheduled for Thursday 26th May 2022
TO APPLY: please email your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 which sets out how you fit the job description and why you are right for the role to Sheila.email@example.com